2013 Neonatal Research Initiative - Request for Proposals
Little Giraffe Foundation is now accepting grant applications for 2013!
The Little Giraffe Foundation is offering research grants in the amount of $5,000 - $10,000 for neonatal research.
We invite all qualified scientists, doctors, and nurses at universities, hospitals and research institutions, to submit applications for research grants directed at addressing both the long term and immediate health needs caused by premature birth as well as identifying causes of premature birth and ways to prevent this.
Research subjects appropriate for support by the Little Giraffe Foundation include basic biological processes governing development, genetics, clinical studies, studies of reproductive health, environmental toxicology, and social and behavioral studies.
Potential applicants should submit a Letter of Intent addressed to the Little Giraffe Funding Committee summarizing the proposed studies. Letter of intent should be emailed to email@example.com with the subject of “LGF Research Funding Request”.
Letters of Intent should be no more than 4 pages and must include the following:
1. Name of the study, amount of requested funds, and a 100 – 200 overview describing the objective.
2. The relevance to our mission of addressing both the long term and immediate health needs caused by premature birth as well as identifying causes of premature birth and ways to prevent this.
3. The hypothesis or hypotheses to be tested.
4. Preliminary data.
5. A statement of the methods.
6. A plan for evaluating the results.
7. Current financial support: list the current financial support. If there are no other grants, state “NONE.”
8. Willingness to accept corporate donations. Occasionally we will be able to partner with someone like Enfamil for a study around breast milk or Pampers for studies around liver and kidney functionality. Are you open to accepting these types of funds?
Letters of intent must be submitted by May 15, 2013. Applications will then be evaluated by the Funding Committee during the month of June.
Applications will be accepted throughout the year and occasionally research will be funded in advance of the June evaluation period. Applicants are therefore encouraged to send in letters of intent throughout the year.
GIRLS' NIGHT OUT!
Thursday, June 20, 7-9 pm
Bottle and Bottega
2900 N. Lincoln, Chicago
Wine & food are included!
Tickets: $50 | Event Details
The Little Giraffe Foundation invites you join us for our 2nd Girls' Night Out Bottle and Bottega Event. Come on out and uncork your inner artist and create a masterpiece of your own for a good cause. Don't worry if you're artistically challenged, an on-site local artist will help, and so will the wine! All proceeds to benefit Neonatal Research and patients and families of the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit).
Reserve your tickets today! »